Heinkel He 51

Moderátor: Hans S.

Odpovědět
Peter DG

Heinkel He 51

Příspěvek od Peter DG »

Obrázek

Hi everybody,
first I apologize for not speaking your language and thus contacting you in english. I am in a group of enthusiasts currently in the process of building an airworthy replica of the Heinkel He 51 biplane. As construction plans are no longer avialble we are completely redesigning the aircraft. For this we are using the repair handbooks and manuals in which nearly every item is photographed. We have nearly completed building the wing-ribs and soon will start building the spars. A few weeks ago we acquired an original BMW VI engine which is externally in a very bad shape. Most of the interior seems to be pretty sound though such as pistons, bearings and rollers. We are trying to locate another BMW engine. 12 He 51s were exported to Bulgaria so perhaps some remains might be found there. The BMW VI engine was also built under licence by the Russians as the Mikulin M17. It appears that these engines were identical to the BMW VI. If any of fellow forum-users know of the whereabouts of such engines or even parts of such, I would be very grateful for a reply.
I look forward to hearing from you soon

Regards
Peter Davies-Garner
Hans S.
5. Plukovník
5. Plukovník
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od Hans S. »

I'll ask one mate, who have good contacts to czech air museum Kbely, if he know something about some "better" BMW VI or M17..give me one week.
Obrázek
Peter DG

Příspěvek od Peter DG »

Hi Hans,

that would be marvellous! Many thanks

Peter
Odpovědět

Zpět na „Stíhací letouny“